Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

2 May 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Book Covers I'd Frame As Pieces of Art

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top Ten Book Covers I'd Frame As Pieces of Art 
 
This week's Top Ten Tuesday list has to somehow be related to book covers, so I decided to go with a list I actually already posted quite some time ago, but which I really loved, namely: top 10 book covers I'd frame as pieces of art. I think it would be great to have a room with all kinds of book covers on the wall... Perhaps in my future amazing library room..?! I found some lovely covers, but would love to hear if anyone else has some other great covers to share!
 


1. Sarra Manning - 'It Felt Like a Kiss'


I fell in love with the cover of Sarra Manning's novel 'It Felt Like a Kiss' the second I saw it and every time I look at it I fall in love with it a little bit more! I honestly adore everything about it: the pink and blue colours, the romance of the couple holding hands, the London skyline in the background... It's just perfect!
 


2. Jane Austen - Collection of Seven Novels

 

As a big Jane Austen fan I immediately knew I needed to add this particular item to my Austen collection as soon as I saw it; without a doubt one of the prettiest Austen covers I've ever seen. I was lucky enough to get it as a gift from my lovely sister and it's even more gorgeous in real life. 



3. Nicholas Sparks - 'A Walk to Remember'


 I love the colours of Autumn and this cover of Nicholas Sparks' novel 'A Walk To Remember' really manages to catch that Autumn feeling. It's a really pretty image and even though it might at first glance not look like anything special, I think it's simply gorgeous.



4. J.M. Barrie - 'Peter Pan'


 Ever since I was a little girl I've loved the story of Peter Pan and I always wanted to be like Wendy. Just the idea of flying through the air to another world, 'second star to the right and straight on till morning', is a magical feeling and this book cover manages to capture that thought perfectly. 



5. Neil Gaiman - 'Stardust'


Anoter pretty, not too complicated, cover with a couple of trees. I love the way the sunlight appears to be like stardust, the title of the novel, and how this gives the image something magical, like something amazing might be hidden behind these trees.
 


6. L. Frank Baum - 'The Wizard of Oz'
 

I'm a sucker for cute things and I love this incredibly cute cartoonish book cover for L. Frank Baum's 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz', one of my favourite children's stories.



7. Jane Sanderson - 'Ravenscliffe'
 

I'm a big fan of gorgeous country houses like you can find a lot in the UK, which is why I also love the cover of Jane Sanderson's 'Ravenscliffe.' Pretty colours, lovely country house in the background, the way the gate decorated with flowers is seen from up close... Love it!



8. Louisa May Alcott - 'Little Women'


Penguin has a whole series of classic tales with embroidered book covers. I really like this 'Little Women' one because it has lots of bright and lovely colours and the cover seems to tell a story with all these small images and quotes from the book. I think this would look great on my wall!
 


9. Ali Harris - 'The First Last Kiss'


Another chick lit cover which is just simply breathtaking. The colours, the lanterns, the couple holding each other, the font... Amazing!



10. P.L. Travers - 'Mary Poppins'


And last but not least, a really pretty cover of another one of my all-time favourites, 'Mary Poppins.' I love the colour combination of the red, blue, black and white and I think this would look brilliant as a poster in my appartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment