Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

28 March 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Authors I'd Love to Meet

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
10 Authors I'd Love to Meet

This week's Top 10 is actually one I already shared with all of you quite some time ago, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of good recycling every now and again...! I think to us readers authors can become kind of like celebrities, people we have created to be a certain someone in our heads, and it's almost impossible to imagine we will ever get to meet them. Below are the 10 authors whom I'd love to have a cup of tea with to talk about their books; please share your own lists by leaving a comment below! :)



1. Jane Austen



Yes, I know there's no chance for me to actually meet Jane Austen since she died quite some time ago. However, if I could just pick one author, dead or alive, to meet, it would have to be Jane. 




2. Elizabeth Gaskell



I did a lot of literary research on Elizabeth Gaskell's novels when I was at university and I'd love to be able to sit down with her for a few hours to discuss her novels. Unfortunately, Elizabeth Gaskell also died many many years ago, but if they ever create a time machine... 




3. Nicholas Sparks



This man writes some of the most amazing love stories of all time, and as a true romantic I don't think it's much of a surprise I'd love to meet him.




4. Lisa Dickenson



I think Lisa would just crack me up from the moment I'd be in the same room as her. She's incredibly funny and a lovely person and I'd love to share some cupcakes with her! 




5. Ali McNamara



The same goes for Ali McNamara. A lovely person online whose novels I absolutely adore and It'd be great to have a cup of tea with her and discuss her books! 




6. Jane Green



Jane Green's novels always manage to entertain and intrigue me. I think she's a simply wonderful author and I'd love to meet her and share some thoughts with her. 




7. William Shakespeare



I think Shakespeare just needs to be on this list because he has written so many great stories which we still tell up to this very day... I'm quite curious to meet the man who continues to be one of the world's most-read authors!




8. J.K. Rowling



I'd honestly be quite scared to actually meet J.K. Rowling, but she still deserves a spot on my list, without a doubt!




9. Cecelia Ahern



I fell in love with Cecelia Ahern when I read her debut novel 'P.S. I Love You' and I've loved all of her other novels ever since. It'd be great to meet her and tell her how much her novels mean to me.




10. Cathy Bramley



I met Cathy two years ago when she e-mailed me about possibly reviewing her novel 'Conditional Love' and she is probably one of the nicest and most sincere authors I've met since I started my blog. She's a truly wonderful person and I'd love to meet her one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment