Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

26 September 2015

Liebster Award!

Thanks to Ellie over at EllesBelles Bookshelf I was nominated for the Liebster award! I've actually been nominated and have taken part in this before, but it's always fun to learn a bit more about other book bloggers so I decided to just give it another go! :) 

Here are the Liebster Award rules:
·        You can’t nominate the people who nominated you.

·        You have to notify the new nominees of the event, providing a link to your blog to these instructions.

·        You have to ask 11 questions set for bloggers only.

·        Nominate 11 different blogs.

11 Questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?
I had been thinking about the idea of starting my own book blog for quite some time but never actually did anything with it. When I suddenly found myself with some extra free time on my hands a few years ago I decided to just give it a serious go and that's how 'A Spoonful of Happy Endings' was born!

2. What is your favourite hobby?
Reading! Even though I love visiting country houses/estates just as much, I just don't get to do it as often, unfortunately!


3. Who is a person you admire?
I'm going to have to go with my parents and I don't care whether that's cheesy or not. I admire both of them for building their family together, including all the sacrifices they had to make along the way and everything they've been through together. If I can do half as well in life as they did, I'll be really lucky!

4. What is your ideal birthday?
Oh, that's a good question! I'd want to spend it with the people I love the most. And it would definitely have to include a visit to a book shop where I can pick out as many books as I want; a visit to a fabulous library/country estate in the UK; and a lot of yummy snacks like these gorgeous cupcakes!


5. If you could pass one law what would it be?
Oh gosh, there are so many clever things I could say right now, but it's late and it has been a long day... Bad excuse, yes? I'll go with a law that makes it possible for every child, anywhere, to go to school until they're at least 16 years old, including a free library card with which they have access to all kinds of books!

6. What is your favourite food?
It's difficult to pick just one favourite kind of food, but if I have to make a decision I think I will have to go with Italian. You can't also make me choose between pasta or pizza, it's impossible!

7. What are two aims for your blog?
Two important aims for my blog are that I will continue it as long as I am still enjoying it. I don't want blogging to turn into something I 'must' do and don't get any joy from. And another aim is to hopefully reach 175.000 views before the end of the year, ahhh! 


8. If you could travel back in time where would you go?
Ohhhh, on the one hand I'd love to go back in time to when my parents were younger, because I'd love to see what they were like and to be able to meet my grandfather, who unfortunately passed away before I was born. On the other hand, I'd also love to go back to Jane Austen's time and become best friends with her and visit some lovely pretty manor houses and wear gorgeous dresses (I can't help but get carried away now, sorry)!

9. What is your favourite quote/motto?
I honestly don't have a motto; never had and never will, probably. However, there are lots of quotes I love. Some of my favourites:

Love is like the wind; you can't see it, but you can feel it.

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Don't you know that everybody's got a fairyland of their own?
10. What were your dreams as a child?
I specifically remember one dream I had over and over again, which was that I could fly. It was always the same dream and every time I woke up I would wish wish wish it would come true!

11. What was the last thing that made you smile?
My boyfriend who made a really silly but secretly really funny joke, haha.

11 New Questions:
  • Which book are you reading right now and what are your first thoughts about it?
  • What do you dislike the most about book blogging?
  • Nutella or no Nutella?
  • Which book genre have you never tried before?
  • Which TV/movie character are you most like if you had to pick one?
  • What is the last thing you bought?
  • If you could teach one course at university, what would it be?
  • What is the first word that comes to mind that starts with the letter... F?
  • What is your favourite breakfast?
  • Which book was a real struggle for you to finish and why?
  • I know this is a mean one, but if you have to pick one favourite author at this moment, who would it be?

11 Bloggers I Nominate:


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jodi! My answers >> http://lilacdiaries.blogspot.in/2015/09/liebster-award.html#.Vgq54tx97IU

    ReplyDelete